LOVE_ by Kahlil Gibran (from The Prophet)

 

 

當愛召喚你時,跟隨他, 儘管他的道路艱困又陡峭。

When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep.

 

當他的雙翼擁抱你時,順從他,儘管隱藏在他翅膀的劍也許會使你受傷。

And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

 

當他對你說話時,相信他,儘管他的聲音可能會粉碎你的夢,如同北風蹂躪了花園。

And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

 

因為正如愛會為你加冕,他也同樣會將你釘在十字架上。

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.

 

當他在呵護你成長時,他也同樣會修剪你。

Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

 

他會上昇至你的頂端,愛撫你在陽光下顫動的細嫩枝枒;同樣地,他也將下沉至你的根部,撼動你緊抓著大地的根。

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

 

他採集你如同採集一捆穀子。

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.

 

他鞭撻你,以使你裸露。

He threshes you to make you naked.

 

他篩分你,以使你自莢殼中脫落、自由。

He sifts you to free you from your husks.

 

他研磨你,以使你潔白。

He grinds you to whiteness.

 

他揉搓你,直到你柔韌;

He kneads you until you are pliant;

 

然後他將你置於聖火中炙烤,好使你成為聖餐中的聖餅。

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

 

所有這些都是愛施加給你的,他使你明白心中的秘密,並藉此讓愛成為你生命之心的一部分。

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

 

但如果你膽怯,只想尋求愛的平安和喜悅,

那麼 不如遮掩你的裸身,離開愛的打榖場,進入那沒有季節的世界。

在那兒你將歡笑,卻不能全然開懷; 你將哭泣,卻不能盡情流淚。

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor, Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

 

 

 

愛什麼都不給,只給予它自己;愛什麼都不取,只拿取它自己。

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

 

愛不佔有也不被佔有; 因為愛有了自己就足夠了。

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love.

 

當你愛時,你不該說:『神在我心中』,而是要說:『我在神的心中』。

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."

 

別以為你能指引愛的道路,因為愛,如果它發現你值得,便會指引你的道路。

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

 

愛除了成全自己,沒有別的渴望。

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.

 

可是,如果你在愛的同時還有其它渴望,那就讓這些作為你的渴望:

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

 

去融化,像一條奔流的小溪,對著靜夜吟唱它的旋律。

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

 

去領略過多的溫柔所致的苦痛。

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

 

去被你對愛的了解所刺傷,並且歡喜而甘願地流血。

To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

 

在黎明時懷著想飛的心醒來,並感謝還有一天可去愛;

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

 

在午后休憩時冥想愛的狂喜;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

 

在黃昏時懷著感恩的心回家;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

 

而後 在心中為所愛的人祈禱、吟誦讚美詩下,

沉然入睡。

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

全站熱搜

Bala的探索 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()